As a small business owner, you know that there are a lot of things to keep track of. From managing your employees to dealing with customers, there’s always something that needs your attention. And while you may be able to handle most of these tasks on your own, there are some areas where you may need some extra help. One major area is sound legal advice.
That’s where outside general counsel comes in. Outside general counsel is a lawyer who provides legal advice and representation to businesses on an ongoing, as needed, basis. They can help you with everything from drafting contracts, negotiating deals, to representing you in court.
There are many benefits to having outside general counsel, especially for small businesses. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Expertise: Outside general counsel have a wealth of experience in a variety of legal areas. This means that they can provide you with the best possible advice and representation.
- Time savings: Outside general counsel can help you save time by handling all of your legal needs. This frees you up to focus on running your business.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have outside general counsel to rely on provides peace of mind. This is especially important if you are facing a legal challenge.
If you are a small business owner, you should consider hiring outside general counsel. They can help you protect your business and ensure that you are in compliance with the law.
Here are some of the specific ways that outside general counsel can help your small business:
- Advise you on legal issues: Outside general counsel can advise you on a wide range of legal issues, including contracts, employment law, and intellectual property, such as trademarks for your name and logo. They can help you avoid legal problems and make informed decisions about your business.
- Draft and review documents: Outside general counsel can draft and review contracts, employee handbooks, and other important documents. This helps to ensure that your documents are legally sound and protect your interests.
- Negotiate deals: Outside general counsel can negotiate deals on your behalf. This can save you time and money and help you get the best possible terms.
- Represent you in court: If you are sued or need to file suit, outside general counsel can represent you in court. They can help you put forth your best case and protect your rights.
If you are a small business owner and considering outside general counsel, Halmon Law can help and is here to serve you. Call 813-838-7996 today, so we can start developing a tailored action plan for your business.